MineOS CRUX is a specialized distribution with a specific goal: To provide the ultimate server solution for Minecraft and to provide a robust and extendible platform for server mods and related value-added functionality, such as mapping.
To that end, MineOS CRUX has implemented the following features:
- ramdisks for optimum server/client performance
- Hiawatha webserver with PHP for admin-added websites, such as forums and image galleries
- iptables stateful firewall
- Linux security standards implemented, such as SSH/SFTP and use of rsa-key protection
Web user interface
- An intuitive and informational website UI for managing multiple servers
- One button updating
- Simple configuration of system-level features, such as ram-use per server, java CLI arguments, etc.
- Simple configuration of Minecraft configuration-level features, such as max-players, level-seeds, etc.
- Out of the box support for server mods such as Bukkit and Canary; mapping (c10t)
- Idiot-proof setup of automatic scheduling for backups, mapping, and archives.
- A robust and stable backup scheme through rdiff-backup
- Provides frequent, low disk-cost incremental backups
- Allows easy backups to remote storage
- Stable, corruption-resistant reiserfs filesystem
- Operating system and webserver takes as little as 25MB RAM combined, leaving the most possible for your servers
- 650MB disk space used, including the servers (Minecraft/Hiawatha/MySQL/PHP), Java, a complete build environment and the entire CRUX core suite of apps
- x86 AND x64 branches provided, for servers with high mem capacity
Highly customizable and familiar
- Adheres to most Linux standards about file/configuration locations
- Complete build environment permits building any software from source
- 'Ports system' via CRUX Linux repositories permits easy installation of libraries and apps
- Those who are willing can optimize the kernel for specific processors and trim out unwanted kernel inclusions
- CRUX Linux plus MineOS CRUX documentation covers in detail how to do the most common of tasks
- Step-by-step screenshots for many tutorials, including the entire setup process
- Documentation comprehensively explains steps, their impact and changes, in addition to providing working examples verbatim.