Pigmap is an alternative Google Maps renderer for Minecraft: https://github.com/equalpants/pigmap
Currently, the pigmap profile is referencing a fork of this project, https://github.com/akudeukie/pigmap
The following steps only work on MineOS CRUX, which is deprecated. Installing Pigmap should be done following the instructions provided by pigmap developers
Create a pigmap profile
Pigmap can be installed as a profile, which has the benefit of being able to do the setup entirely as mc, mostly in in the web-ui.
- Create a new profile from the Overview page
- Enter in the pigmap details:
- * Profile name: "pigmap" (must be all lower case, spelled like this)
- * Choose "Runnable Shell Script - .sh"
- * Type in the scripts URL: http://minecraft.codeemo.com/crux/mineos-scripts/profiles/pigmap.sh
- Click "Create Profile"
- From the Overview Page, click Update to the download the most recent pigmap.sh
- As user 'mc' in SSH, change to the /usr/games/minecraft/pigmap directory and execute ./pigmap.sh to compile.
- Pigmap will now be downloaded, compiled and ready to use from SSH:
Using pigmap from mineos_console.py
cd /usr/games/minecraft ./mineos_console.py -s servername pigmap
The pigmap renderings will then appear in the following structure:
pigmap-default.html can be opened through your browser to view the map renderings.
The path /var/www/hiawatha/pigmap is derived from a new value in /usr/games/minecraft/mineos.config.
Issues on MineOS CRUX
Over time, pigmap has changed it's build requirements to include libjpeg, a package not included on the MineOS CRUX iso. When following this procedure, you may run into make errors, which can be overcome by installing libjpeg from ports.
<syntaxhighlight> mc:pigmap/ $ make [snipped] g++ -c rgba.cpp -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG rgba.cpp:19:21: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [rgba.o] Error 1 mc:pigmap/ $ su - Password: root:~/ $ cd /usr/ports/opt/libjpeg/ root:libjpeg/ $ pkgmk -d -i [snipped] =======> Building '/usr/ports/opt/libjpeg/libjpeg#8d-1.pkg.tar.gz' succeeded. =======> Installing '/usr/ports/opt/libjpeg/libjpeg#8d-1.pkg.tar.gz'. pkgadd /usr/ports/opt/libjpeg/libjpeg#8d-1.pkg.tar.gz =======> Installing '/usr/ports/opt/libjpeg/libjpeg#8d-1.pkg.tar.gz' succeeded. root:libjpeg/ $ exit logout mc:pigmap/ $ make g++ -c rgba.cpp -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG g++ -c tables.cpp -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG g++ -c utils.cpp -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG g++ -c world.cpp -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG g++ pigmap.o blockimages.o chunk.o map.o render.o region.o rgba.o tables.o utils.o world.o -o pigmap -l z -l png -l jpeg -l pthread -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG mc:pigmap/ $